By creating an account or using the services on our website, we may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address, as well as financial information that you provide to us relating to your business. When you provide information through our website or our services, the information may be sent to servers located in Canada, the United States and other countries around the world.
We may use that information to:
- Deliver the services that you have requested;
- Create and maintain accounts with authorized service providers in order to deliver the services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We do not share your information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your information shared. We may share information with:
- Authorized service providers: we may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include processing credit card payments, data processing, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing financial, business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website or performing background checks. These service providers may have access to information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Canada Revenue Agency: Where sales tax filing or other CRA related services are requested by you, we may forward the necessary financial information to the CRA in order to facilitate the filings. Such information may include any information used to identify your business, such as your business number, and more detailed financial information relating to your revenues and taxes collected.
- CPA service providers: Where requested by you, we may share your contact and other information with third party CPA service providers, who may contact you in order to provide you with public accounting services.
- We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.