Disclaimer: Please note this article is not financial advice. The purpose of our blog is purely educational, so please consult a professional accountant or financial advisor before making any financial decision.
Grande Prairie is one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, and this is a good bait for people to start their businesses in the city. Putting up a business in one of Canada's busiest cities means dealing with your target customers through marketing and negotiating with other service providers. Bookkeeping is vital because it gives you awareness about the financial standpoint of your business. Hiring an accountant or financial expert can save you from dealing with the complex numbers of your business.
What are the criteria you need to know to hire the best bookkeeper in Grande Prairie? Keep reading and let this article help you find the perfect expert for your bookkeeping needs.
The Importance of Bookkeeping in Grande Prairie
Bookkeeping tracks your financial income and expenses. Knowing how much you earn helps you budget money on the things you still need for your business, like utilities, upgrades, and an increase in manpower. The financial report produced by bookkeeping allows you to decide and analyze your next business moves. Aside from that, it is easier for you to determine the right amount of tax you need to pay the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) when tax season hits.
Bookkeeping is a tedious job, and if you are not a certified accountant or financial expert, it is a good and practical option to hire a bookkeeper. The bookkeeper will give you an accurate amount of how much your business generates. There are bookkeeping services in Grande Prairie, but what are the qualities of a great bookkeeper you need to consider?
Qualities of the Best Bookkeeper You Can Find in Grande Prairie
As a business owner, you want to have the best for every single dollar you spend. Cash flow and income statements are very sensitive topics, and you deserve to hire bookkeepers in Grande Prairie, Alberta who will provide you with accurate financial reports.
A high-caliber bookkeeper will be:
- Highly skilled in accounting. Accounting is a major skill of a bookkeeper. If you want the best, get someone who has the credentials like years of experience, number of satisfied clients, and a professional license.
- Well-organized. First impressions last, and when you meet your prospective bookkeeper, it is customary to judge them based on the appearance, articulation, and presentation. The way your prospective bookkeeper presents documents and other files to you will give you an idea of how organized this person is.
- Comfortable in using the latest accounting technology. Manual accounting and bookkeeping are good, but records must be saved online so you can have backup files that you can access whenever you want. The bookkeeper should know the latest accounting and bookkeeping trends and software. Try to see if your prospective bookkeeper knows about Quickbooks, Sage, and Xero.
- Flexible enough to adapt to changes quickly. You will only know the flexibility and adaptability of your bookkeeper once you hire one. There will be situations where you need to modify some financial aspects of your business. Flexibility can also be seen when updates on your accounting software are applied. A flexible and fast-learning bookkeeper can give you updates accurately and immediately, even through the course of many changes.
- Detail-oriented. The best bookkeeper pays attention to details. Receipts and other documents related to your business transactions should be well-organized and documented by the bookkeeper.
- Someone you can trust. Business means money, and the best way to find a trustworthy and proven efficient bookkeeper is through a referral. Seek a friend or a colleague's recommendation for a competitive bookkeeper, or hire one with many positive client testimonials. That way, you can relax knowing they’re someone you can trust.
Unloop: The Best Balanced Bookkeeping Solutions in Grande Prairie
Bookkeeping is a critical part of business, and you should hire the best one for the job. Unloop Accounting offers accurate bookkeeping in Grande Prairie, and we use only the latest accounting software such as Quickbooks. Do not be afraid to invest in an accounting system that will surely sustain your new company. Get a competitive bookkeeper now so you can focus on growing your business!