Disclaimer: Please note this article is not financial advice. The purpose of our blog is purely educational, so please consult a professional accountant or financial advisor before making any financial decision.
Sooner or later, you'll find yourself searching for accounting software that will be helpful and simple enough for your small business. If you are reading this, now's the perfect time to assess your choices before your company outgrows itself (good news but quite challenging for the accounting part).
Even if you're a small business, you surely have a lot on your plate. Not only do you have to worry about the day-to-day tasks of running your business, but you also have to think about long-term planning and growth strategies. And when finances are involved, it gets even more complicated and overwhelming. This is why it's important to find the right tools to help manage your company's finances in its early stages.
One such popular tool is the Manager Accounting software. Manager is free, user-friendly, and multilingual—making it an ideal choice for small businesses worldwide. But we know that these details alone aren't enough to make it your final choice, hence we present you this review article.
We'll take a closer look at what Manager has to offer and see what people are saying about it. Is Manager Accounting the small business tool you're looking for?
Manager Accounting Software Review: Software Basics, Pros, and Cons
Accounting can be a daunting task, regardless of whether you're a small or big company. But for a small business, you have a smaller workforce and capacity to hire a huge team of experts. Therefore, you want easy-to-understand and comprehensive software for managing your company's finances.
Manager Accounting is one such option gaining popularity over the recent years. But does it truly live up to people's expectations? First, let's break down some important details.
Top Feature: Accounting Made Easy (and Free) for Small Businesses
Just as when you thought anything good always comes with a price, Manager Accounting is "forever free," unless you want an upgrade. One of the top reasons to consider Manager is that it's free while having nearly every feature you need to manage finances.
That means you can manage your company's finances without breaking the bank, which is a huge plus. Additionally, Manager is easy to use and understand even if you're not necessarily a bookkeeper or accountant. It's free but doesn't fall short with the basic features you need, all the way from general ledger to drill-down reports.
Other Software Features You Might Like
In addition to its free and easy-to-use features, Manager Accounting also offers the following.
- Universal database format to be able to transfer and access files on different operating systems (e.g., Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Work offline in case of internet connection issues
- Constantly evolving software features for a better accounting experience
- Customizable features to maximize work efficiency
- Upgradeable to a cloud and server edition
- Easily understandable data entry forms
- Full-featured accounting for effective account management such as accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, tax management, asset management, multi-currency, and many more
- Multi-language support for easy comprehension (over 70 languages)
- Good for small businesses, startups, freelancers, SMEs, and agencies
In What Departments Does Manager Accounting Fall Short?
Now that we're done with the advantages of Manager Accounting software, here are some downsides to take note of before purchasing.
- Some users say that Manager Accounting is not as user-friendly as expected. You will still need basic accounting knowledge to make the most out of its features.
- Certain features are too simple and need expansion or improvement. If you're a growing business, upgrading to a better software like Quickbooks is better.
- Some users find that importing or loading some of their data takes too much time.
- It doesn't come with more convenient features unless you upgrade it to the Cloud & Server package (e.g., remote access, multi-user function, automatic updates, and backups).
What to Keep In Mind When Looking for a Small Business Accounting Software
If you're still unsure whether Manager Accounting fits your business, don't worry. The good thing about it is that it's free, so you can cancel anytime without having to spend some money on it. However, that can also disrupt the flow of your accounting system. Hence, it would be better to start with the basics: identify the factors that help you find the right software for small businesses.
- Understand the accounting procedure and requirements of your business. From there, you can get an idea of features to look for.
- Consider your allocated budget. As a small business, spending your finances should be well thought out, so you have to ensure that you'll only spend on worthy investments. Luckily, some affordable accounting software doesn't cost a luxury.
- Are you familiar with cloud accounting, and are you okay with using it? Generally speaking, cloud-based features are safer than the backup files in your device. However, we understand that those who are unfamiliar with it might hesitate. Ensure that you understand cloud accounting first.
- If you think you lack the knowledge to evaluate tools, seek the opinions of software experts, vendors, and consultants. You may also get an idea from a bookkeeping or accounting team, as they are more well-versed in this area.
Upgrade With Unloop's Incredible Bookkeeping Team and Leverage Bookkeeping With Our Software Packages
The Manager Accounting software online is an excellent tool for small businesses. It has plenty of useful features from the Free package alone, and it's generally easy to operate and understand how it works. While there are a few lapses that you might experience, Manager reassures you with their continuous bug fixes and ever-evolving features. However, we won't recommend it for long-term use.
If your business is starting to grow, it is time to upgrade and find better software options for your accounting system. At Unloop, we have an incredible bookkeeping team of experts determining which software can help your business grow. Contact us today to know more about our preferred accounting tools, such as Quickbooks, A2X, and more!